Kia Vinyl Emblem Kit
The Kia Vinyl Emblem Kit is an excellent, economic way to customize your vehicle. This kit comes with a vinyl application for both the front and rear Kia emblems. Available in either a matte black or matte white finish, these emblems are designed specifically to fit your Kia.
Product Note: This kit is only compatible with the newer Kia logo, NOT the oval emblem. We are not responsible for vinyl that is not installed properly.
With proper installation, this vinyl decal could last up to 5 years. Weather and other factors could shorten the life span of this product. If you are not comfortable with applying the decals yourself, please contact your local dealer or detail shop for installation.
|Applicable Models & Years|
**View the product video section above for application instructions**
Before You Begin:
- Clean the surface with alcohol, and dry thoroughly with a clean lint free cloth.
- Ensure that the surface temperature is above 50°F, or your decal will not adhere.
- If needed, warm the surface with a heat gun or hair dryer at low heat, too high of heat could melt the vinyl.
Applying the Decal
1. Tape Decal into position. Use masking tape to position. Run a piece of tape vertically over the center of the graphic making sure it adheres firmly above and below. This tape will act as a center hinge.
2. Remove back liner paper from one half of the decal. Cut or fold back release liner at the vertical center.
3. Lay the decal on the surface making sure the graphic is correctly positioned. Rub a squeegee from center out. Use firm overlapping strokes. You must go over 100% of the decal.
4. Repeat this process for the other half of the decal.
5. Remove masking tape at a sharp angle. Do not pull it straight up as this may stretch and tear the decal. Do not squeegee any uncovered vinyl as this may scuff the surface. If necessary, poke air bubbles with a needle to let air out and smooth out with your fingers.
The colder the temperatures, the longer it takes for everything to occur! Good application steps should be followed to ensure secure bonding when applying vinyl decals. Remember, vinyl reacts differently in temperatures below 50 degrees. Following curves becomes more difficult, and the adhesive process time may double or triple!
Tips for applying vinyl decals in cold weather:
- Store your graphic in heat and climate controlled environments. Do not expose material to temperatures below freezing. Application becomes nearly impossible in this scenario. The higher the temperature, the greater the initial bond.
- Garage your vehicle overnight and keep your shop area heated where vinyl will be applied.
- Use a heat gun to warm surface of the vehicle, making sure to distribute the heat evenly. Hot spots will cause problems.
- Always make a clean, dry surface a priority. The application surface must be clean and dry, as in any application. In damp weather, a solution of isopropyl alcohol and soapy water can help eliminate wetness and promote adhesion.
- Use more pressure when applying vinyl. More direct pressure may be needed in applying vinyl products in cold weather. Do not expect the vinyl to react the way it would on a 70 degree day.
- Squeegee a second or third time after removing premask, using a squeegee sleeve or small towel to protect vinyl from scratching.
- Allow proper bonding time! It is not advisable to wash the vehicle by hand or in a car wash until the adhesive has had enough time and heat to bond. It could take three days, a week, or more depending on the current temperatures.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great look on nightshade telluride